Student Financial Services

Students are required to complete an "Intent to Enroll Agreement" prior to registering for any courses.

Completing the agreement from the Student Center "To Do List" establishes that the student understands that they are assuming all financial obligations associated with registering for courses offered by the University.  The agreement also includes information related to the acceptance and obligation of financial aid and the ability to verify and update their current addresses.

A registration hold will be placed on student accounts until the "Intent to Enroll Agreement" is completed.

Navigate to the "To Do List" on your Student Center and select the "Intent to Enroll" link and follow the instructions.

User Guide

New! Online Authorization to Release Information.

You now can give HSU consent to release one or more of your educational records (financial, housing, enrollment) to a parent, guardian or other family member with a single online form.  Follow the link in the "Personal Information" section on your "Student Center".



Student Financial Services is the central location for cashiering, donation and gift processing and student account inquiries. Activities include assisting students with the registration process, providing information related to payments, refunds, deadlines and general questions about their student account.

Cashiering services include the receipt and deposit of all funds received on behalf of the university. Other responsibilities include distribution of payroll warrants, financial aid refunds or short-term loan checks. The Cashier’s office accepts payments for; tuition and fees, departmental fines and fees, parking permits, locker rentals, ID cards, transcripts, application fees, etc.

Student Accounts services include any inquires a student has regarding their tuition, fees and finances. The department is responsible for the disbursement of all financial aid and scholarships awarded by the university. Short-term loan application and installment payment plans are available for students with staff assistance. In addition, the department oversees the Federal Perkins Loan program. Student Financial Services is responsible for the collection of all university's accounts receivable and can provide payment plans to students for outstanding debt.

Gift Processing Center receives and processes all donations made to the university and its auxiliaries. Payments can be mailed directly to the GPC or made on the Humboldt State website.



Student & Business Services, Room 285
Phone: (707) 826-6789
Fax: (707) 826-4929

Student Accounts

Student & Business Services, Room 257
Phone: (707) 826-4407
Fax: (707) 826-4929

Service Hours

8:00 am-5:00 pm

Mailing Address

Humboldt State University
Cashier's Office
#1 Harpst Street, Suite 285
Arcata, CA 95521-8299

For Perkins Loans correspondence, please mark: Attention: Perkins Loans



Name Title Email
Sandy Wieckowski Manager
Sandra Harpe Account Analyst/Cashier Supervisor
Debbie L Snead Account Analyst
Tina Walters Account Analyst/Accountant
Emily Lyons Account Analyst
Amanda Parker Account Analyst
Teresa Wright Cashier
Elissa Henning Cashier
Juan Anzada Cashier