Make a Payment - How to Pay

Online Payments:

Payments can be made online through your student account via myHumboldt. Students will need to log in through their student center to access the Transact Payment Portal:

  • Start by logging into your myHumboldt and selecting "Student Center":

myHumboldt Screenshot

  • On the Student Center home screen, find "Make a Payment" under the "Finances" section:

Student Center Home Page Screenshot

  • Select "Make a Payment" one more time to launch the Transact Payment Portal:

Student Center Make a Payment Screenshot

  • Once the payment portal has loaded, select "Activity Details" on the left-hand side to see a quick view of charges and how much is due:

Activity Details with an arrow pointing to it

Transact Home Screen

  • There will be the option to pay for charges posted to the student account and under the "Available Items" section. Once you are ready to pay, scroll down to the checkout button and follow the checkout process.
Online Payment Methods:

Payments for tuition and fees can be made via electronic check directly from your checking account with no service fee.

Debit/Credit Card

Credit card payments are accepted online for any outstanding fee. The cards accepted are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. There is a 2.75% service fee for using this payment method. 

International Payment (international Credit Card or Flywire)

International payments are accepted through our student payment portal, Transact. Instructions to make an international payment can be found here.


College Savings Plans (529):


College Savings Plans can be sent in the form of a check to the cashier's office by mail to the following address:

Cal Poly Humboldt
Student Financial Services - Cashiers
1 Harpst Street, Suite 285
Arcata, CA 95521-8279


College Savings Plans can be wired via ACH. This can be done through the savings plan distribution website. Select the option to have the funds transferred via ACH and select Cal Poly Humboldt from the dropdown of eligible universities.



You may pay all registration, tuition, course fees, on-campus housing, and short-term loans by mail to the following address:

Cal Poly Humboldt
Student Financial Services - Cashiers
1 Harpst Street, Suite 285
Arcata, CA 95521-8279

Make your check or money order payable to Cal Poly Humboldt (or Humboldt State). Include the following information on your check or money order in the memo line:

    • Student's full name
    • Student's Humboldt ID number
    • The intent of the payment (tuition, housing, etc.)



You may also pay in person at the Cashiers Office on the second floor of the SBS Building, during normal business hours. We currently accept cash, debit cards, credit cards (except AMEX), checks, and money orders with no service fees.

Note that students whose registration fees are paid by financial aid are responsible for paying the difference by the deadlines if the aid award does not cover all charges. For more information about the application of financial aid awards to charges, refer to the Financial Aid Information page.


Phone Payments:

Phone payments are not accepted at this time.